Ph.D. in English, 2001, University of Missouri-Columbia.
- Comprehensive exam areas in Poetry Manuscript Construction and Contemporary Science Fiction.
- Dissertation (poems): Mustang Sally Pays Her Debt to Wilson Pickett.
M.A. in English, 1996, University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- Comprehensive exam areas in 20th-Century American Lit, Plains Lit, and Women's Lit.
- Thesis (poems): Conversation Pieces.
B.A. in English and French, 1995, Creighton University, Omaha, NE.
- Poetry, Short Fiction, Plays, Novels, Memoirs
- Academic and Popular-Press Articles and Books
- Theses and Dissertations
- Professional Materials: Resumes, Cover Letters, Artist Statements, and so on
- Promotional Web Content
- Training Materials
- Grant Proposals and Reports
- Organizational Policy and Procedure Documents
- Newsletters, Ad Copy, Member Directories
- 150+ poems in literary magazines, plus reprints and book reviews.
- Reader, Spark Wheel Press, 2014-2016.
- Poetry Editor of The Missouri Review, 2000-2003.
- Editorial Assistant at The Missouri Review, 1998-2000.
- Editorial Assistant at Prairie Schooner, 1995-1998.
- Finalist, White Pine Poetry Prize, 2012 & 2014
- Semifinalist, Zone 3 Press Poetry Prize, 2014
- Finalist, Alligator Juniper 2011 National Writing Contest, 2011.
- Finalist, Gell Poetry Prize, 2010.
- Finalist, Main Street Rag 2005 Chapbook Competition, 2005.
- Semifinalist, Poetry West 2005 Chapbook Competition, 2005.
- Finalist, Pudding House Press Give ‘Em Shelter Chapbook Competition, 2004.
- Pushcart Prize Nominee, 2001.
- Pushcart Prize Nominee, 1998.
Experienced Anthology Editor
- Editor, Ekphrasis Anthology. Kansas City, MO: Box Gallery, 2018.
- Editor, Annual Interpretations Anthology. Columbia, MO: Columbia Art League, October 2013-2017.
- Co-Editor, with Bryan D. Dietrich of Drawn to Marvel: Poems from the Comic Books. Seattle: Minor Arcana Press, 2014.
- Poetry Editor, Well Versed. Columbia, MO: CCMWG, 2014, 2013, 2002.
- Nonfiction Editor, Well Versed. Columbia, MO: CCMWG, 2004.
Experienced Teacher: Academic and Non-Specialist Audiences
- Facilitator, The Artist's Way at UUCC, 2016.
- Poetry Faculty, ShowMe Writers MasterClass, November 2016.
- Instructor, Columbia Homeschool Resource Group Prose and Poetry Workshops, 2012.
- Facilitator, The Artist's Way at Orr Street, 2009-2010.
- Instructor, Poetry Workshop/Reading Contemporary Poetry. Columbia Area Career Center, 2009-2010.
- Co-designer and co-teacher of Babes in Space: Women in Science Fiction as Authors and Objects, 1999-2000.
- Graduate Student Instructor, University of Missouri, 1998-2001.
Experienced Arts Organizer
- Organizer of the Artisan-Wordhound Poetry Slam series in Columbia, Missouri, 2002-2004.
- Scheduling and publicity for coffeehouse readings in Omaha and in Hastings, Nebraska, 1996-1998.
- Chief organizer of the now legendary *Solstice '97 at Carhenge: A Celebration of the Arts*.
Seasoned Writer: Sample Publications (Complete c.v. available on request)
- Mystic Match Mystery novels featuring psychic sleuth Demeter West, available at Amazon.
- Poetry chapbook, Mustang Sally Pays Her Debt to Wilson Pickett, published by Main Street Rag, 2005.
- Poems in 5AM, Alligator Juniper, Cortland Review, Prairie Schooner, Rattle. Forthcoming in Form Quarterly and elsewhere.
- Book Reviews in The Missouri Review and Pleiades.
- Food, travel, business, education, and development articles in Mizzou SW, Midwest Traveler, Southern Traveler, Columbia Home, Columbia Business Times.