1. The book: A whole greater than the sum of its parts? Showcase of set pieces?
2. Frontloading: Why? Why not?
3. Arc and order: Narrative or thematic? Tension and resolution?
4. Length: Cut 'til you bleed? Shape it case by case?
5. Getting help: Recruit my friends? Pay a stranger?
6. How do you know when you're done?
1. Where do I send it?
a. What do I look for in a press? b. Where do I find information about presses? c. How do I keep track of my submissions?
2. Money: How much is this going to cost me? How much am I going to make?
3. How do I read the rejections?
4. How long is this going to take? What do I do in the meantime?
5. Once a press says yes, what do I do?
6. What about the next book?